Sunday, December 14, 2014

Cross Weave Garland Tutorial


Hi everyone! This tutorial is coming to you from Holly, and I work at Fort Worth Fabric Studio, here in the home office. You can read more about me here. I get a chance to spend a lot of time around all the beautiful fabrics we have come into the warehouse.

As soon as I saw these Moda Cross Weave Woven fabrics, I was in love.

The two color blends create such an amazing look and I was excited to use them for this project. These fabrics are great for raw edge projects, because it exposes both colors of thread. The linen fabric is not a cross weave, but is a great neutral and is the same texture as the cross weave fabrics.


For a 6 ft strand of garland you will need:
Cut from each 1/2 yard:
3 - 5"xWOF strips

Cut from each 5" strip"
28 - 1.5" strips

Tie strips around twine in a overhand knot using an A,B,C pattern, or other desired pattern. As you tie each piece, rub your fingers together over the edges and tug. This will help loosen the threads and give a more scrappy look, exposing the different colors of threads. Hang up and enjoy!



-Holly

5 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I enjoy wrapping presents as long as they can be plopped into a gift bag--my days of wrangling rolls of paper are over!

Needled Mom said...

That looks fabulous. I love the colors for Christmas decorating.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy wrapping presents more than I enjoy buying them.

Natureluvr57 said...

I love wrapping gifts. Picking out bows and picks that incorporate the theme of the wrapping paper. Sometimes I use glitter glue on the wrapping paper design because I love glitz. Very often the recipients don't want to open the box because (they say) it's too pretty to open.

Missy Shay said...

What a pretty garland!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...