|Click HERE to purchase Tree Skirt Kit|
I have a slight obsession with granny squares right now. I pretty much adore them, and love the vintage vibe they give. They are so darn easy to sew up, and they are so lovely all sewn together in this little tree skirt! I am in love! I couldn't be happier with how this turned out, and I am so glad I get to share the pattern with you!
Since I was at my mom's house I got to quilt this baby up on her Bernina....oh man was I in heaven! It quilted like a dream. I got this quilted in like a half an hour! I decided to a meandering pattern for the quilting, and I am really happy with how it turned out.
My mom did all the binding, she is the Binding Fairy after all! :) There is nothing like hand binding! The red binding just frames up the skirt perfectly!
To make this pillow, you will follow the same instructions on the PDF download to make one granny square block.
Your block will measure 11.25" square.
So this is how you make a quilted pillow:
1. Make one granny square block.
2. Add a border to your block. I used 2.5" strips to make my border. Which happened to be the perfect size! Your block should be around 14" give or take a little. I like my pillow covers to be a little snug on my pillows.
3. Quilt your block. To quilt your block, cut out a square of batting that is about 1" larger on all sides than your block. Baste your block. I just stuck in some basting pins, to keep my block and batting from shifting while I quilted it.
4. I quilted mine using straight lines, doing a 1/4" lines from all the seams.
5. Trim any excess batting off your block.
6. Turn your block into a pillow, using the envelope pillow tutorial right here!
Isn't this tiny rocking chair adorable? It has been in my family for a long time, my mom has it in her front room, so I thought I would take it out on her deck, and snap some photos of this sweet little pillow and rocking chair!
I hope you enjoy the pattern, and if you decide to make a pillow or a skirt, I would love to see it! email@example.com
Talk to you soon!